Sunday, May 6, 2007

Shout and Sing!

Once upon a time, long, long ago, in a far away land, a girl who only ever sings in her shower and car got an opportunity to sing in front of an international crowd of thousands with a live feed transmitting all over the world. The very next day, this girl got a chance to sing and record a few Christian songs with some friends and well, if you haven't figured it out by now, that girl is ME.
I just got a phone call (while sitting in the library) from a friend from Chicago whose voice can also be heard on the CD since she was livin it up in Italy with me for all those months, who had just received a message from this guy Vincenzo in Italy, who also worked on the CD...
...before this gets any more complicated, what I'm trying to say here is that the CD is out and here's the link to listen to two songs and sample to "Love Builds Peace", you'll be hearing a familiar voice... http://www.myspace.com/shoutandsing
and for those of you who are aware of the process it took to make this CD and the people involved, you'll hear a few friends' voices on that song as well as the others too! It's so exciting!

It's taking every ounce of my being NOT to play this thing to hear it right now since I'm in the library's computer lab and I refuse to do what I've been complaining that other people have been doing for about the past 2 weeks...
*for the record, I get no cut from this CD what so ever...I was just having a blast mixin it up! The proceeds go to-
a) pay for the cost in making the cd -- and --
b) the rest go into charity ... (Project Africa?) I'll get back to y'all on that one since we're affiliated with so many different projects out there.

------
Actually, I DID end up hearing these songs since I got a call on my cell phone just now from a friend in Sydney, Australia and she was kind enough to hold the phone to her speakers...we ain't half bad either!

...God bless technology eh?

No comments: