Monday, May 7, 2007

Globe trotter...

Wooohoo! Ho finito il semestre! FINALMENTE! Adesso devo pensare come posso avere abbastanza soldi per andare in Argentina e Costa Rica quest'estate.... hmm... any ideas? I realize I just got back from Italy but that was months ago people! My feet are never firmly planted on the same soil for too long...and NO, I'm NOT running from the FBI!
I know I'm getting a bit ahead of myself here but seeing as how today is the last day of the semester, I can't help but think of my plans for the summer. No matter how hypothetical they may be.
Miei genitori ancora non sanno che I have an amazing opportunity to go to Buenos Aires for una settimana in luglio to be a representative of all the North East zone of USA for a PanAmerican congress of young adults dedicated to making a difference in this world... There, I would get to participate in discussions, learn about the actions I can take in my own community and meet youth from all over parts of Central, and South America.... looks like I'll need to brush up on my Spanish! Hola guapo!
...but the whole Buenos Aires thing is still very much up in the air... Ieri stavo cercando per biglietti...I was just curious! There's one with a 9 and a half hour lay over in Sao Paolo, Brasil and it's about $150 cheaper too. I'LL TAKE IT! Avevo conosciuto un sacco di brasiliani in italia (go figures) and I'm hoping to see them again - even if for only a fraction of a day! Then I'll be able to find me a gauchinho of my very own!! ;) Sim, agora falo em portuges...agradeca a cada uma mis meninas! Eu estou com muita vontade de ir e to morrendo com saudades do mis amigos!!! Nao sei o que vou fazer!
I'm praying this will work out! Ma chi sá la volonta di Dio...Even if the plans don't go through, I'm willing to accept that God wants it that way - so who am I to argue huh?
Costa Rica is an entirely different story. I'm the maid of honor for my best friend's wedding which is taking place on a glorious Costa Rican playa... so, naturalmente, andró. --sigh--
mamma mia, la mia vita e' troppo dura...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is I.Q. getting married in Costa Rica?
I hope you get to go to Argentina!