Friday, May 11, 2007

Mama's Day

Mother's Day is coming fast! Why am I beginning to think about this thing only now? It's one of those Hallmark Holidays that just creeps up on you. When did this whole thing begin and do I really need to fall into the whole marketing hype of that day? (Don't answer that) Flowers, special dinner, card, gifts...desserts!
Not to sound insensitive and I know this is going to but - shouldn't we be celebrating this everyday? Most people think that's a sad excuse for people not to do anything. I'm not sure how I feel about the whole thing. Can't we surprise her by making an ordinary Tuesday into something fab? Not that I do though, so I guess Sunday would be as good a day to do something nice. I'm freakin nice to begin with though.
I'm thinking of what I would expect if I were a mom - which most likely won't be happening for a good 10 years so it doesn't really matter (because y'all know how gung-ho I am about living the present moment)... All I know is that I'm going to be the coolest mom..... Of course... that's what they all say don't they? :-)
But back to mom - she already HAS EVERYTHING. What more can she receive? I got her a waffle iron last year because that's what she "wanted" ... We've used it maybe TWICE? ... how badly did she want it then? Or maybe she wanted it not so that SHE could use it but so that WE could use it FOR HER... which she shoulda mentioned that to begin with.
...I'm thinking more along the lines of bringing her breakfast in bed this year... waffles anyone?

No comments: