Friday, May 18, 2007

An interesting conecpt...

I haven't been able to post lately since I've been a bit busy this week. Ancora sto cercando per una job (anything at this point) and continually offering my time to working on writing lyrics to a song that needs to be performed this coming Sunday up in Harlem. There will be a big gathering of people, Christians alongside Muslims, men and women... Encounters of Universal Brotherhood it's called. I'm all for breaking down walls, not help create them.
And so a few of my friends and I have been having meetings to come up with something really special where the muslim youth and christian youth can have a choir. Penso che sará un regalo speciale per tutti presente...e i giovani possono essere a symbol of how the next generation is willing to continue building bridges between faiths. So far it's coming along great!
.
Finalmente, potevo avere una copy of the full CD I was a part of my last day in Rome. Fico muito feliz to hear my friends' happy voices singing in harmony and was amazed by the finished product, knowing all the hard work people put into it and all... it's my new favorite cd!
Dopo il incontro in Harlem, I met up with a few other friends for dinner downtown and we spoke of the choir and music in general. Uno degli miei amici che giá ha sentito il cd, had NO IDEA che c'era una canzione con la mia voce. Era TROPPO funny per me quando lui ha realizzato...
.
On the other hand, it was NOT so funny quando i miei hanno sentito il cd. They were not so pleased with the CD, as far as I could tell. Non interessano da queste cose and sometimes I wonder why I try at all. But as my friend in Sydney was nice enough to remind me - I try because I love them. "Oh yeah," lo dico a me stessa - I do. That's why I try so hard...i guess.
.
Non vedo l'ora per domenica! People scratch their heads wondering what in the world whites, blacks, christians, and muslims have in common. Umm... we're people? Or how about an interesting concept: Siamo ONE FAMILY with the same creator?? It's just a thought but for some reason, it's not so natural to think about for others. But me and my friends like to challenge people to think about it.
...I'll let you know how it goes...

No comments: