Saturday, May 5, 2007

The hair cut

The last time I got a hair cut was in Italy by my Colombian friend with a pair of rusty scissors and no professional experience in a multi-purpose laundry room. ...just your ordinary saturday right? We were having a whole lot of laughs...good times...God I miss that girl. Today is her birthday and I'm especially thinking of her. It's ironic how I'm cutting my hair on this day...
I have had the same person cut my hair for the last 15 years and the fact that I trusted someone who I had only known for 4 months was a MAJOR thing for me. But hey, I think it came out great! But since I've been back, I've decided to go for someone new... break away from the other person I went to... time for new beginnings! So....
I'm getting a hair cut today and at the risk of sounding like a cheeseball, I think I might cry. There won't be any ghetto make-shift salon where I could sit on top of a washing machine and then sweep up the hair with a ghetto broom that doesn't really pick up anything...there won't be a window to look out over a glorious tuscan country side with mountains that look as though God himself, painted them on a beautiful sky blue canvas...
--sigh--
Invece, I'll be in a cutting edge salon in NY with a new stylist.... I'll sit and wait in front of bizzare collections of magazines plastered with provocative images of so-called beauty. I'll then sit in a professional chair and attempt to strike up a conversation on something that matters.
It's nice to think of old memories every now and then... so long as they don't hold you back. It's nice to remember... I'll always remember - but I'll try to live the present moment better. I haven't even stepped foot out of my house and I'm already envisioning some terribly mundane scene at the salon. How am I supposed to go ahead when I've already given up on the present moment?
Ricomincio...

... e la vita continua...

No comments: