Monday, February 11, 2008

Where's the love?

Yes. I am alive. Although i haven't written on this blog for what seems like ages... and in fact, it HAS been... I am still here, very much alive. I've kept busy with moving into a new apartment, getting a promotion at work, and continuing my studies in the meantime at a local university. I've been through ups and downs these past few months - various times where I've questioned my faith, fought with my family and tried not to lose total self control... and each time was an opportunity that gave me a greater understanding of what it means to love.
***

I am typing up an email trying to respond to one of the 87 pieces of mail written to me by my family from nearly every country I can think of... and then I looked up and was overcome with this complete sadness. and so I decided to write out some of my thoughts because I didn't know what else to do. I began this blog sitting in this very library one day when I was feeling very VERY frustrated, and it doesn't surprise me that it took another stirring up of my soul to write things down again.

I'm at the university library at the moment surrounded by the hustle and bustle of the student crowd on their lunch breaks coming in and out trying to print out their papers for their next class or check their webpages, etc. and no one seems to notice one another. Their eyes glaze over as they walk - almost as if they were zombies. Do they realize they're surrounded by people...by LIFE?? Or are they in their own individual worlds where not much else seems to matter?? And so I wonder...Doesn't anybody recognize Jesus anymore?!