Thursday, June 7, 2007

Argentina!

Is it Thursday already? See, this is what happens to me in the summer whenever I'm not in classes. I forget what day is what and don't even think about asking me what the date is! But I have some great news...
ARGENTINA, HERE I COME! I need to get ready for work and so I can't write too long, but yeah, I spoke with my boss yesterday and managed to tell her about this once in a lifetime opportunity to go down to Buenos Aires for a Pan-American congress of young adults involved in "Youth for a United World" project. I've been to only two in Rome but this is the first of it's kind, where it's specifically for the continent of America... And so I've been chosen to be sponsered and go down and represent the North-East Zone of the States. People will be coming from all over central and south americas and I'm thinking I'll need to seriously brush up on my spanish since it hasn't been used in SO long. I'll get by with the Italian though, I'm sure. AH! I'm so excited! I thought I'd never get a chance to go and was so scared to tell my parents (although I don't need their permission, it's certainly nice to have their blessing though) ... and I thought they'd flip out on me leaving the country AGAIN... but they seemed real cool with it all. I figured, if it really is God's will for me to go, than nothing can stand in the way of that. And so now we're pulling together the money from the sponsers and let's see if it all works out in time! It's still up in the air right now but at least it's within reach!! I'll keep you informed later but now I'm off to work! Ciao!

Check it out: www.mondounito.net/ENG/iniziative_progetti.htm

*Hope the link works but if it doesn't you can just google "Youth for a United World" (... is google even a verb?) whatever, it is now!

**and don't forget to stop by tomorrow for Friday's Photo!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Eli ,Good Luck and greetings to the people over there!

adios

eLí said...

hahaha... of course Amir! I want some names! Give me names!