Monday, May 28, 2007

The prodigal son

It's been a busy Memorial Day Holiday weekend around here. I've been working at my new job and loving it. My brother came up from Florida (the one who bought the TV on mother's day) to spend time with the family. Oh joy. I can't tell you how excited I was. I was SO . HAPPY.... simply DELIGHTED...ECSTATIC. Am I over doing it just a little??
This man makes a hobby out of making me miserable. I was on my best behavior, was sweet and offered him many things and he was STILL disrespectful to me. I swear, after this weekend I'll be getting a non-stop ticket to heaven!
It's just hilarious when he comes up. You should see my parents. My mom and dad go nuts organizing a party with all these people and the house is all a bagunca each time he's here.
When I came back from Italy, my mom didn't even pull out the good china.
But when HE comes up... it's time to break out the silver!! She even made the man tiramisú for crying out loud.
.
I need to read up on that Bible story- You all know the one...
and start over BIG TIME because a girl like me can't afford to be grumpy...

1 comment:

Louise said...

Hey I hear ya...what is it about us girls and the folks not being too thrilled and then the boys come along and everything is a party....lol!!
Hope you have a great day!!