Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Alphabet Soup

I'm a new fan of Louise and saw that she did this. I had some time to kill before getting ready for work... so here it goes!

A - Age: 20-something. Old enough to be married with a kid according to several of my zias.
B - Band listening to right now: EVA - some Brasilian band I got hooked on in Italy.
C - Career future: Free lance photographer, blogger, whatever. I like to focus on the present moment and leave it in His hands. (Sociology is a pretty broad major though so who knows.)
D - Dad's name: Giuseppe - I've heard every variation on the pronounciation of this name by so many telemarketers it's not even funny. My poor papá...
E - Easiest person to talk to: Oh, tough one. I have a great group of friends - all of them.
F - Favorite song: I Hope you Dance - LeAnn Womack
G - Gummy Bears or Gummy Worms: I'm all about the Haribold Gummy bears.
H - Hometown: Wherever my heart is...
I - Instruments: piano - 7 years of classical training over a decade ago and I can't even read music anymore (my ma is heartbroken over this) I played the Xylophone for a blink of an eye. I also played the flute for a few months.
J - Job: citizen of the world, daughter, friend, revolutionary thinker. *Free Spirit
K - Kids: someday, God willing.
L - Longest car ride ever: Kentucky Road Trip with Gen, 6 months after getting my license! My mom hid my passport to prevent me from going and although Kentucky may have seemed very much like a different country than New York, I just don't see how NOT having my passport would make a difference. I don't know what in the heck she was thinking..
M - Mom's name: Maria (Yes, my parents' names are Giuseppe e Maria...and NO my brothers' name is NOT Gesú.)
N - Number of people you slept with: I'm not married yet am I?? ... still going strong.
O - Optimum time of day to work: anytime in the a.m.
P - Phobia[s]: falling out of a moving vehicle [did I mention I totally LOVE roller coasters?] and flying over the deep blue sea. [Yet I still manage to travel to Italy several times]
Q - Quote: "You are the salt of the Earth... you are the light of the world." These are the words Pope John Paul II told us at World Youth Day, Toronto. His voice still rings in my ears and resonates in my heart, saying this phrase from the gospel of Matthew [5:13-14]
R - Reason to smile: forgiveness! Don't know where I'd be without it!
S - Song you sang last: White Wedding by Billy Idol. It was just on TV for a wedding dress segment on the morning show.
T - Time you wake up: 7:15am(Monday-Friday) 9:00am Saturday, 8:30am Sunday. There's no such thing as "sleeping in" in a house full of Italians (who swear they don't yell...they're just talking), marble tiles and high ceilings which make it ideal for sound to carry all throughout this fortress of a house.
U - Unknown facts about me: I have a tattoo that my parents don't know about. I'll tell them eventually, someday around NEVER.
I worked at the Container Store for about a year and I am the biggest bagunceira(SLOB) on the planet. I felt like such a fraud.
I am conversational in Italian, French, Spanish, Portuguese and ASL. Whatever random words you find in my blogs they're usually one of these languages. [except the Sign Language of course]
**I'm an international Christian recording star and singer/songwriter. :P
V - Vegetable you hate: funghi - I say I'm allergic to them but I really don't want to be rude to the host / cook.
W - Worst habit: brushing my teeth after everything I eat or drink besides water. My dental hygenist wants to smack me...too much of a good thing is not a good thing people.
X - X-rays you've had: too many to count. If I really have to think about it, more than 5...I'm so accident prone.
Y - Yummy food: stuffed peppers
Z - Zodiac sign: I think I'm the one with the goat.



Ora toca a te!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

X is SO true. You have a tattoo??? What/where/when? I want to see it!
And how much does "J" pay, and is health insurance an option with it? JK!!!!!

eLí said...

You were the ONE person I was worried about... i KNEW you were gonna ask about the tattoo! I'll save that story for a later post.... And 'Citizen of the world' and 'revolutionary thinker' doesn't pay half as much as Social Work...but I'm ok with that. Maybe I should add "Free Spirit" to the bunch too.

Louise said...

OH that is SO funny, you have a tatoo that your parents don't know about...don't they read your blog?? well I guess my parents don't read mine...nevermind....lol!
I want to get a tatoo but I don't know how well that would go over....LOL..it wouldn't be my parents i need to convince it would be my hubby...LOL!