Thursday, April 3, 2008

studying with an earful

Do i need an iPod to admit me into the library?? It seems everyone I see has these little buds in their ears with white strings dangling from their heads over their sweaters. I can understand attempting to block out any distracting noises around you like people chatting or walking passed you but can someone please explain how the music itself isn't a distraction? Then whenever I ask someone politely to please lower the volume because I can hear their music from 10 feet away, they look at me as if I just asked them for $100!!!! Hmmm... I'm sorry for thinking a library was a place to study!! Imagine where I got that idea?
Seriously, it's my last semester. I have 40 days left in this institution and I'm trying to balance my job, my new apartment (with get this: 3 other roommies), as well as trying to catch up with my research and studying for exams. I couldn't even hold down a relationship with a man even if I wanted to at this point. Contrary to popular belief, I wasn't born a genius. So I would think coming to the library is a decent place to get my work done.
I find myself praying for a small tiny room in a small tiny house in a small tiny village, far far away with nothing but a desk and a chair by an open window. Then, just maybe, I can sit down and collect my thoughts while the sweet sea breeze blows in and get something done without people bothering me!!
It's seems hopeless!
.
Right now, I need a miracle... St. Jude, can you hear me??!

No comments: